Customer: Ministry of Development (GSRT), PROODOS S.A.
Duration: July 2002 – December 2003
The project investigates the feasibility for the introduction of an Integrated Logistics System in the operational environment of the transport and logistics company PROODOS S.A. In particular, the Feasibility Study refers to the development of a system enabling the efficient networking and collaboration of the parties involved in the door-to-door supply chain activities, from the shipper to the final recipient. The collaboration is ensured by the reorganization of the procedures throughout the whole chain and is supported by a wide e-business and e-logistics information system.
Based on the Feasibility Study results, the system can be developed, having undertaken to a significant extent the activities preceding the implementation of a full scale application project, which are described below:
• Analysis of the needs and requirements of the parties involved in the logistics network under consideration.
• Definition of the Integrated Logistics System services and functions.
• Study of the existing technologies of other similar systems and formulation of the optimum technological solution
• Formulation of alternative implementation scenarios and study of their economic feasibility and viability.
• Selection and detailed design of the optimum implementation scenario.
• Development of a preliminary Business Plan for the exploitation and dissemination of the expected results.
Role of TREDIT:
– Undertaking of the Feasibility Study