Client / User: PORT AUTHORITY OF THESSALONIKI
Start / End Date: August 2013 –March 2015
Track and trace possibilities of cargoes and The idea of the project is to develop and promote environmentally friendly, multimodal transport solutions from the ports in the SEE programme area (Black Sea, Aegean, Adriatic) to inland countries and regions along a selected pilot transnational network. This will be done by developing and establishing a “multimodal transport development platform”, which integrates different regions and stakeholders from the transport business.
ADB Multiplatform aims at: 1) developing a network of multimodal hubs in SEE area, with common quality and performance standards, connected by innovative ICT and transport services; 2) developing accessibility and trade within SEE area and corridors addressed; 3) making multimodal transport a real alternative to road for hinterland traffic catchable by Adriatic/Aegean/Black Sea Ports, through common development actions of multimodal transport; 4) making rail a reliable solution for economic operators of SEE area, through the development of a main integrated rail corridor connecting Black Sea to landlocked countries, with branches to main Adriatic Ports; 5) integration of rail and inland waterway transport through the enhancement of main rail-river hubs and promotion of rail-water intermodality; 6) protecting environment of SEE area, through the shift of road traffic to rail and inland waterway, and the development of international agreements for developing policies for external costs internalization.
Consulting services to ThPA include assessment of potential transport demand and infrastructure needs, establishment of corridor quality networks, assessment of potential transport demand and infrastructure needs an ADB Green Transport Agreement as well as pilot activities.
Finally the work to be performed include day-to-day project management, coordination and internal communication, communication and dissemination activities.
– Day to day project management, coordination and internal communication
– communication/ dissemination
– Assessment of potential transport demand and infrastructure needs
– Quality and performance of terminals in ADB area
– Establishment of corridor quality networks
– Participation in designing of a Multimodal Development Center – MDC
– External costs of transport in ADB area and of common measures for internalizing
– The environmental impact of ADB towards Green Transport: evaluation of ADB actions
– Support in Pilot activities